Kashmir as i see it !

Saturday, June 12, 2010

ITS HEART WRENCHING

Yesterday night was a very difficult one for me, I couldn’t sleep. Yes, it was because of the teenager who was killed by security forces. Tufail, 17, was a 12th standard student and lived just a few houses away from mine. The whole night I could hear the wailing of women, which reverberated the whole area and I kept on thinking the state of shock and grief the parents of this young kid would be in after losing their only son. This is the fourth such incident in less than 3 months and second in my neighborhood. It’s around afternoon and I hear that his dead body has been released by the police for his last rites. The whole city is under curfew but even then thousands of people are attending his funeral.
Locals had alleged that security personnel hit the victim on the head by rifle butts, which resulted in his death on the spot. Although earlier the police claimed that the cause of Tufail's death is still not clear and it could be a murder. They are on a look-out for two people who had dropped him at hospital and disappeared. Now according to the NDTV, the police have finally admitted that the youth was killed by a shell fired by the police, this is after their continuous denial that not a single bullet or shell was fired yesterday.
In such a situation it becomes very difficult to explain my stated position and talk about peace and dialogue. People ask me why is this happening and when will it end, I don’t have an answer, I really don’t . So many agencies are working overtime to scuttle any peace talk and when I talk about peace, I only become more hated and more vulnerable. You never know who kills whom and why? There is no excuse for killing a teenager , the culprit should be brought to justice and given the most harshest punishment on planet earth . If that doesn’t stop the innocent killing I wonder what will.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

May he rest in peace .
Inshallah

tajawul said...

Good Work Tanvir lots of hopes are on you and i truely believe u wll make some changes as u are amoung us .

Ravi said...

I cant beleive this.I feel so sorry about the family . This should not happen in a civilized society . God be with all the near and dear ones of the deceased.

Ravi

Kashmirri said...

kashmiri blood is the cheapest..... for our politicians......whenever they need it for their short term or long term mean ends...... disgusting.......we kashmiris are the most insure people in our own mother land.....how unfortunate we people we are!!!!!!! Thanks to our political establishment............

Anonymous said...

Dear Tanvr

I could not see the picture. Its realy very heart twisting. May allah bless him and give severe punishment to people who have done such henious crime .

Musa said...

It is an irony that teenagers are being killed for no fault of their's . Some body should be held accountable to all such crimes and given punishement . Lets have no mercy for a person who does not have respect for Human right .

Wasalam

A video I made on history of Kashmir. All feedback's are welcome.

Various Rallies of Tanviir Sadiq

Tanvir Sadiq

Vote for my blog. Click here